Monday, July 26, 2010

One Million Star VII Audition - Singapore







Yesterday was Tawain's One Million Star VII audition at City Square Mall. Me & 4 of my Ocean Butterflies classmates went for it. Arranged to meet at 7am, so I had to wake up at 4.30am -_-" Super tired lol...In the end I'm the 1st to reach Farrer Park MRT station, & the only one to reach at 7am...rest of them are late lor =( Kaoz, I could have slept more -_-

When we reach the venue, quite surprised to see that not many people are there. There were just less than a hundred auditionees sitting around waiting for the barrier to be opened for queuing. I thought many people would have started queuing overnight! Luckily we didn't went there the night before!

Many people started to practise singing at McDonalds just beside the audition venue. We started queuing at around 9 I think...all the way until 11am, where FM 100.3 start the registration...only. I got no. 081 =)

Audition is supposed to start at 2pm. Before that was a guest performance by Sugie Pan, a past contestant in One Million Star. Cai Ai Jia was there as well, though she din perform, and look aloof all the time >_<

Dun remember what time I sang on stage...1.45pm ba maybe...the process was super fast man! Each auditionee is supposed to have 30 seconds on stage to perform, but the 2 judges just *ting* most of us down within the 1st 3 sentences of the chorus we sang -_-" One of the girls was superb! She got directly chosen by the judges to get through when she auditioned on stage. No. 29 I think...So lucky...but she's good lah haha... ;)

The whole audition ended at around 6.15pm...and results were announced directly after at 6.30pm....11 lucky and awesome auditionees got through...who will have the chance to participate in Tawain's One Million Start this coming September...Jia you girls, way to go! ;)

Hopefully in the next big audition, I'll be one of them! =)

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I chanced upon your blog while searching for One Million Star and I noticed that you're from Ocean Butterflies Music academy. Do you mind me asking what it is like? I have half a mind to try it out! (: Also, is the competition really that tough for One Million Star? Heh I'm not some random stalker, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi! Tks for visiting my blog =)

    I've been Ocean Butterflies' vocal student for more than 1 year now, & in my opinion it's quite good! Although I joined it initially cos it was my idol JJ Lin's record company :p

    My teacher is a very funny & lively guy & I enjoyed his lessons very much =) He'll give very constructive feedbacks on my singing too & how to modify or improve my singing so that it sounds much better! The only flaw is that the class is rather big, and you dun really get much attention in class sometimes =( but I do love my class though ;)

    The classes starts from basic, cost about $170 per month. In the basic classes the teacher will teach you breathing & singing techniques. In my opinion it's worth a try ;)

    I'm currently a student of Hark Music too bcos I'm their "The Real Singer" course.

    About the 1 Million Star, yes, it is really a tough competition! They already knew what are the people they are looking for & anyone fall short of that it out =( Furthermore, you need to have a powerful, commercial voice...But it's a good experience to join lah, although very difficult to get past the auditions haha .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Heh thanks for replying :D O.o cool! :D I wanted to sign up but I was... um scared i guess? Heh. Um, if you don't mind me asking, what's the age group for the classes? :D Heh I've never heard of Hark Music... I shall go google it! Heh (: Heh I really enjoy watching One Million Star, except no one wants to hear me talk about it ): Heehee, I'm really curious, are they looking for people with strong voice? Or ability to go high and stuff.. Heh. Hmm... what do you mean by 'commercial'? (: Heh i cant sing, so I totally wouldn't even THINK of auditioning :D Heh (: JJLIN IS COOL! I like Xiao Jiu Wo :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just curious, was contestant no 29 Jess Lee? was she singing "The power of love"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i'm from malaysia and I sing. I was looking for any latest singing audition in Singapore on the net when I stumbled upon your blog. I kinda need to ask you a favor on any infos regarding the singing audition held in there. I sing english songs very well and I found the opportunity to extend the horizon quite limited in Malaysia cause Malay songs have always been at hearts of Malaysia. Since I'm a Malay I dont adequately sing Chinese or Indian songs. I tried and got in a couple of singing tv shows like Malaysian Idol in 2007 and the latest, Vokal.. Bukan Sekadar Rupa, and ended up quitting myself from both because I had important commitments. now that I have finished schooling and graduated my degree I think it's about time I go pursuit on the musical path that i've always found myself talented at and enjoy most. I basically am not fond of trying for pursuing my musical career in Malaysia cause I dont see a great future in Malaysia, cause it'll always end up with singing Malays songs to Malay folks. i'm looking forward to trying out for Singapore Universal Studio audition, caupe that's like the closest chance I can get to grab an opportunity of going out to Universal Studio of Florida in the US. I know I must've sound somehow haughtily too ambitious, or snob to certain people, but too bad they're not reading this, you are. I wont be this desperate if i'm born as a chinese cause more often than not there would always be an inevitable bright future for chinese language in musics and what not, relatively to malay. We're just like a speck of dust in a milkshake of modern english and chinese or even korea as a matter-of-fact analogy.
    now here's where I could do with a little help from you and I would whole-heartedly appreciat it. do you know anything about whether or not there is a wide variety of singing opportunities in singapore that they are far more english-based that far more universal that can help not just stuck in the unobtrusive malaysian music industry? would you provide me with several necessary details? thank you so much for reading this.

    ReplyDelete